Contact Us l Home       


Donations  l   Apply For Assistance  l    l   Service Area  l   Volunteer  l   About Us

2018 Holiday Meal Basket Program

To Assist with the Holiday Meal Basket Program:

Dear Friends of RACAP,

The Randolph Area Christian Assistance Program (RACAP) is once again seeking donations for our annual Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday Meal Baskets. Each year, RACAP receives requests from individuals and families who are in need of assistance during the holiday period. With your help, we provide them with food baskets filled with traditional food items for each holiday. Last year, 256 households received assistance from this program at Thanksgiving and 326 at Christmas. Through sponsorship, we were also able to provide gifts for 344 children. We expect the need to be just as great this year. We can meet this need only with the help of our generous supporters.

Friends of RACAP can help in many ways to make this a successful project. We will need financial support, food donations (see attached list), and, most importantly, sponsorship of families. If your organization, group, church, business—or you, personally—would like to sponsor a family (or families), please complete the attached form and return it to RACAP as soon as possible, but NLT October 26, 2018 for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas sponsorship. A representative will contact you with detailed information and answer any questions you might have. RACAP is open from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and we can accept donated items (food or money) during those hours. Or, you may call to arrange a different time, if you cannot come during operating hours.

To Receive Assistance from the Holiday Meal Basket Program:

Come to the RACAP office, 307 Pfeil St., Schertz, 1-3 p.m. Monday-Friday, Thanksgiving applications are now closed but the Christmas application is still open until November 15 . The following documents are needed to apply for assistance for the Holiday Meal Basket Program:

  • Photo ID for yourself
  • Social Security cards for everyone in the household (will accept Passport or Birth Certificate)
  • Proof of residence within our service area (current utility bill or lease)
  • Proof of all income and benefits for everyone in the household (pay statement or pay stub from anyone working now or recently; Award letters for SSI, SSD, Food Stamps, Unemployment, Housing Assistance: Child Support printout for recent months.)